The Excel XML Toolbox for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 provides many useful tools for working with XML in Excel.
This toolbox helps developers in a number of ways:
Working with Custom-defined XML Schema
- Reload schema into workbooks while preserving cell mappings.
- Build a schema or add to an existing schema, directly from Excel.
- View the schema for XML maps stored within workbooks.
Working with XML and the Excel Object Model
- Quickly refresh all XML maps with bound data sources.
- Refresh XML maps with bound data sources and persist cell formulas for mapped cells.
- Use a new XML Range Properties tool to view XML mapped cell properties and to copy the XPath or Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) statement to the Clipboard.
- View the exportable XML data without exporting.
Working with SpreadsheetML
- Quickly save the workbook as SpreadsheetML.
- View the SpreadsheetML for the active workbook.
Shortcuts and More
- Quickly open and close the XML Source task pane.
- Turn on and off the borders for XML mapped cells.
- Import and export XML.